Our bibliography includes peer-reviewed publications that were authored by Consortium researchers (highlighted in bold).
- Brown JD, Costales B, van Boemmel-Wegmann S, Goodin AJ, Segal R, Winterstein AG. Characteristics of Older Adults Who Were Early Adopters of Medical Cannabis in the Florida Medical Marijuana Use Registry. J Clin Med. 2020 Apr 18;9(4):1166. DOI: 10.3390/jcm9041166 PMID: 32325769; PMCID: PMC7230351
- Costales B, van Boemmel-Wegmann S, Winterstein A, Segal R. Clinical Conditions and Prescription Drug Utilization among Early Medical Marijuana Registrants in Florida. J Psychoactive Drugs. 2021 Jan 4:1-10. DOI: 10.1080/02791072.2020.1864069 Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33393877.
- Brown JD, Winterstein AG. Potential Adverse Drug Events and Drug-Drug Interactions with Medical and Consumer Cannabidiol (CBD) Use. J Clin Med. 2019 Jul 8;8(7):989. DOI: 10.3390/jcm8070989 PMID: 31288397; PMCID: PMC6678684
- Brown JD, Goodin AJ. The prevalence of drivers under the influence of medical cannabis must be considered within proper context. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2019 Nov;15(11):1372-1373. DOI: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2019.01.015 Epub 2019 Jan 28. PMID: 30709730.
- Roussos-Ross K, Dukharan V, Goodin A. Is In-Utero Marijuana Exposure Associated with Childhood Developmental Delay? [20K], Obstetrics & Gynecology: May 2020 – Volume 135 – Issue – p 118S-119S DOI: 10.1097/01.AOG.0000664476.72398.7c
- Alipour Haris G, Sarayani A, Winterstein AG. Letter by Alipour Haris et al Regarding Article, “Marijuana Use Among Young Adults (18-44 Years of Age) and Risk of Stroke: A Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Analysis”. Stroke. 2020 May;51(5): e91. DOI: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.120.029273 . Epub 2020 Apr 7. PMID: 32252600.
- Rosenthal M., Pipitone N. Demographics, Perceptions, and Use of Medical Marijuana among Patients in Florida. Med Cannabis Cannabinoids 2020. DOI 10.1159/000512342
- Jugl S, Okpeku A, Costales B, Morris E, J, Alipour-Haris G, Hincapie-Castillo J, M, Stetten N, E, Sajdeya R, Keshwani S, Joseph V, Zhang Y, Shen Y, Adkins L, Winterstein A, G, Goodin A: A Mapping Literature Review of Medical Cannabis Clinical Outcomes and Quality of Evidence in Approved Conditions in the USA from 2016 to 2019. Med Cannabis Cannabinoids 2021. doi: 10.1159/000515069
- Goodin AJ, Winterstein AG, Cook R, Wang Y and JD Brown. Introducing Commentary Series: “Evidence in Context.” Medical Cannabis & Cannabinoids. ePub ahead of print: February 19, 2021.DOI: 10.1159/000512684
- Brown JD and AJ Goodin.High risk of bias in medical cannabis and cannabinoid clinical trials dictates the need for cautious interpretation. Medical Cannabis & Cannabinoids. ePub ahead of print: February 19, 2021. DOI: 10.1159/000514732
- Sajdeya R, Cook RL. Need to Improve Dose Measurements in Studies of Marijuana Use for Pain. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020 Mar 1;83(3):e23. DOI 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002238 PMID: 32032280.
- Sajdeya R, Joseph V, Stetten N, Ibañez G, Wang Y, Powell L, Somboonwit C, Corsi K, Cook R. Reasons for Marijuana Use and Its Perceived Effectiveness in Therapeutic and Recreational Marijuana Users Among People Living with HIV in Florida. Cannabis. 2021, Volume 4 (1). DOI: 10.26828/cannabis/2021.01.002
Extramural Grant Awards
The NIH, specifically the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), awarded Dr. Nicole Ennis and Dr. Sherrilene Classen (Co-PIs) with a R-21 (1 R21 DA048067-01A1) to study Medical Marijuana Use and Driving Performance: A Test of Psychomotor Functioning in Adults 50 and Older from 09/15/2020 – 09/14/2022. The goal of this study is to assess the effect of medical marijuana on response time, attention, and executive functions in older adults 50 years and older. https://reporter.nih.gov/search/3S3oTzRRgkyGR7gAavLvWQ/project-details/9968579
Last updated April 28th, 2021